Product and price information are subject to change without notice.
DS980J Solid Welding Wire - 1 Roll
NOTE: Standard lead-time is 5 business days.
When MAG welding high strength steel (HSS), it is necessary to meet or exceed the panel tensile strength with the welding wire. This welding wire should be used when welding HSS between 500 MPa and 980 MPa (73 ksi and 142 ksi). Using a lower tensile strength welding wire will result in a weaker than intended weld joint resulting in an improper repair.
1000 MPa (145 ksi) Tensile
High strength weld matches up to 980 MPa (142 ksi) steel
Consumable, no warranty.
- Wire Diameter: Ф 0.8 mm
- Weight (1 Roll): 2 kg (4.4 lbs.)
- Tensile Strength: 1011 MPa (147 ksi)
- At 0.2% Proof Stress: 990 MPa (144 ksi)
- Width: 2.25" (56 mm)
- Shaft / Spool Hole: 2" (52.5 mm)
- Overall Diameter: 8" (203 mm)